Forbes gives us six recommendations for narrowing down superb applicants to hire.
- Finding people with commitment to their career
- Finding people with great learning skills
- Testing compatibility with other team members
- Creating an effective interview process
- Hiring interns
- Reviewing their social media
All of these tools help to understand the candidate on a broad scale rather than just past accomplishments. Instead of basing your decision on their resume you take their demeanor into account as well.
Many people may look perfect on paper but do not work well with other team members in the office.
If you want to read more in depth on these steps or learn how to be effective in when applying to new jobs you can do so at…